Nine 9 Pillars of Digital India.
Nine Pillars of Digital India
- Broadband Highways
- Universal Access to Mobile Connectivity
- Public Internet Access Programme
- e-Governance: Reforming Government through Technology
- e-Kranti – Electronic Delivery of Services
- Information for All
- Electronics Manufacturing
- IT for Jobs
- Early Harvest Programmes
- This covers three sub-parts, particularly Broadband for All Rural, Broadband for All-City and National Internet Backbone Nationwide Info Infrastructure.
- With Broadband for All Rural, 250 thousand village Panchayats can be connected by December 2016. Department of Telecommunication DoT would be the Nodal Division and the venture price is estimated to be roughly Rs. 35,000 Crore.
- With Broadband for All-City, Digital Community Operators can be leveraged for service supply and communication infrastructure in new city growth and buildings can be mandated.
- Nationwide Data Infrastructure would combine the networks like SWAN, NKN and NOFN together with cloud-enabled Nationwide and State Knowledge Centres. It’ll even have provision for horizontal connectivity to 100, 50, 20 and 5 authorities’ workplaces/ service shops at state, district, block and panchayat ranges respectively. It would be the nodal division and the venture price is estimated to be around Rs 18,000 Cr for implementation in 2 years and upkeep & assist for five years.
Common Entry to Cell Connectivity
- The initiative is to give attention to network penetration and fill the gaps in connectivity within the nation.
- All collectively 45,000 uncovered villages can be lined for offering common cellular connectivity within the nation.
- DoT would be the nodal division and challenge price can be around Rs 15,000 Cr throughout FY 2014-19.
Public Web Access Programme
- The 2 sub-components of Public Web Access Programme are Widespread Service Centres and Submit Workplaces as multi-service centres.
- Frequent Service Centres can be strengthened and its quantity can be elevated from roughly 135,000 operational at current to 250,000 i.e. one CSC in every Gram Panchayat. CSCs can be made viable, multi-functional end-points for the supply of presidency and enterprise companies. Their would-be the nodal division to implement the scheme.
- A complete of 150,000 Submit Workplaces are proposed to be transformed into multi-service centres. Division of Posts can be the nodal division to implement this scheme.
e-Governance: Efficiency Governance through Technology
State Business/Enterprise Course of Re-engineering utilizing IT to enhance transactions is probably the most important for transformation throughout authorities and due to this fact must be applied by all ministries/ departments.
The guiding ideas for reforming authorities via know-how are:
- Kind simplification and discipline discount – Types ought to be made easy and person-pleasant and solely minimal and obligatory data ought to be collected.
- On-line functions, monitoring of their standing and interface between departments should be offered.
- Use of on-line repositories e.g. college certificates, voter ID playing cards, and so forth. ought to be mandated in order that residents should not be required to submit this paperwork in bodily kind.
- Integration of providers and platforms, e.g. UIDAI, Fee Gateway, Cell Platform, Digital Knowledge Interchange (EDI) and so forth. ought to be mandated to facilitate built-in and interoperable service supply to residents and companies.
Digital Databases – all databases and data ought to be digital and never handbook a concept in Digital India.
Workflow Automation Inside Authorities – The workflow inside authorities departments and companies ought to be automated to allow environment-friendly authorities processes and likewise to permit visibility of those processes to the residents.
Public Grievance Redressal – IT ought to be used to automate, reply and analyze information to determine and resolve persistent issues. These can be largely processed enhancements.
e-Kranti – Electronic Delivery of Services
There are Thirty-one Target Mode Projects with different stages of e-governance venture lifecycle. Further, 10 new MMPs have been added to e-Kranti by the Apex Committee on National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) headed by the Cabinet Secretary in its meeting held on 18th March 2014.
Technology for Education : E-education
All Schools will be connected with broadband. Free wi-fi will be provided in all secondary and higher secondary schools (coverage would be around 250,000 schools). A plan on digital education is on priority. MOOCs –Massive Online Open Courses shall be developed and leveraged for e-Education.
Technology for Health – e-Healthcare
E-Healthcare Digital medical services
Technology for Farmers
Digital Framing farmers on value cost info, loan and relief payment banking.
Technology for Security
Mobile integrated with emergency helpline services, prevention of troubles and neutralizes/minimize loss of lives and properties.
Technology for Financial Inclusion
Financial Inclusion shall be BHIM using Mobile Banking, and Post Offices.
Technology for Justice
Interoperable Criminal judicial procedure is strengthened by making e-Courts, information sharing.
Technology for Planning
National GIS Mission design, develop making for project planning,
Technology for Cyber Security
National Cyber Security Centre to safeguard cyber-space within the country.
Internet Data for All – Internet Access for All
- Open Information platform and on-line internet hosting of data & paperwork would facilitate open and easy accessibility to data for residents.
- The federal government shall pro-actively have interaction by social media and web-based platforms to tell residents. MyGov.in has already been launched as a medium to change concepts/ strategies with Authorities. It should facilitate 2-way communication between residents and authorities.
- Online messaging to residents on particular events/packages could be facilitated by emails and SMSes.
- The above would largely utilise the current infrastructure and would wish restricted extra sources.
Goal NET ZERO Imports is a placing demonstration of intent.
This formidable purpose requires coordinated motion on many fronts
- Taxation, incentives
- Economies of scale, get rid of price disadvantages
- Focus areas – Huge Ticket Objects FABS, Fab-less design, Set-top bins, VSATs, Mobiles, Client & Medical Electronics, Good Power meters, Good playing cards, micro-ATMs
- Incubators, clusters
- Ability growth
- Authorities procurement
There are numerous ongoing packages which will probably be fine-tuned.
Current constructions are insufficient to deal with this purpose and wish to strengthen.
IT for Jobs
- 1 Cr college students from smaller cities & villages will probably be skilled in IT sector jobs for over 5 years. There could be the nodal division for this scheme.
- BPOs could be arranged in each north-eastern state to facilitate ICT enabled progress in these states. There could be the nodal division for this scheme.
- Three lakh service supply brokers could be skilled as a part of talent growth to run viable companies delivering IT companies. There could be the nodal division for this scheme.
- 5 lakh rural workforces could be skilled by the Telecom Service Suppliers (TSPs) to cater to their very own wants. Division of Telecom (DoT) could be the nodal division for this scheme.
Early Harvest Programmes.
IT Platform for Messages
A Mass Messaging Utility has been developed by DeitY that may cowl elected representatives and all Authorities workers. 1.36 Cr mobiles and 22 Lakh emails are a part of the database.
Authorities Greetings to be e-Greetings
Basket of e-Greetings templates has been made out there. Crowds sourcing of e-Greetings by MyGov platform has been ensured. E-Greetings portal has been made stay on 14th August 2014.
It should cowl all Central Govt. Places of work in Delhi and is already operational in DeitY and has been initiated within the Division of City Growth. On-boarding has additionally begun in different departments.
Wi-Fi in All Universities
All universities on the Nationwide Data Community (NKN) shall be coated beneath this scheme. Ministry of HRD is the nodal ministry for implementing this scheme.
Safe Email inside Authorities
The email could be the first mode of communication.
Section-I up-gradation for 10 lakh workers has been accomplished. In Section II, infrastructure could be additionally upgraded to cowl 50 lakh workers by March 2015 at a value of Rs 98 Cr. DeitY is the nodal division for this scheme.
Standardize Authorities Email Design
Standardised templates for Authorities electronic mail are beneath preparation and could be prepared by October 2014. This might be applied by DeitY.
Public Wi-fi hotspots
Cities with inhabitants of over 1 million and vacationer centres could be supplied with public wi-fi hotspots to advertise digital cities. The scheme could be applied by DoT and MoUD.
Faculty Books to be eBooks
All books shall be transformed into eBooks. Min. of HRD/ DeitY could be the nodal companies for this scheme.
SMS primarily based climate data, catastrophe alerts
SMS primarily based climate data and catastrophe alerts could be supplied. DeitY’s Cellular Seva Platform is already prepared and out there for this objective. MoES (IMD) / MHA (NDMA) could be the nodal organizations for implementing this scheme.
Nationwide Portal for Misplaced & Discovered kids
This might facilitate real-time data gathering and sharing on the misplaced and located kids and would go an extended solution to verify crime and enhance well-timed response.
DeitY/ DoWCD could be the nodal departments for this undertaking
The vision of Digital India
India Believes IT and Connectivity is the next fuel for growth in coming years.